Monday, October 11, 2010

Power Supply Replacement

Today I followed the advice of Best Buy and called the Geek Squad to setup an appointment to get my television diagnosed. Eventually, she was able to open a case for me by using a number from my receipt and she was also able to issue a work order number. After I gave her the serial number for my particular television, she was able to connect me with a tech guy to set up my in-home visit. On two occasions my iPhone dropped the call, but she quickly called me right back. She was super nice to speak with.

Once on the phone with the tech person, I was able to describe the particular buzzing noise coming from the back of my television. He was able to tell me right away that there are only two things that could cause this problem with the television. One is a faulty power supply problem that deals with the coils inside the television. The other possibility was a problem with the main board and dealt with the audio.

Since the problem persists when the television has no volume, as seen in my first video, the tech guy was able to assure me that the issue with my television was in the power supply. He ordered the parts needed to replace the entire power supply in my television and scheduled a repair person to come to our home on October 20th, between 12:00 and 4:00 PM. I asked if they should come out and diagnose it first, but he was confident that it was a power supply issue. He assured me that this repair was covered under the Samsung manufacturer’s warranty and was of no cost to me. He also assured me that they were approved by Samsung to perform the work in question.

It should be noted that the tech guy was unable to see any of the videos on this blog while we were talking. I was able to email him the link while we were on the phone, but his internet wasn’t working properly at the time. He was also nice to speak with.

No comments:

Post a Comment