Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Slight Miscommunication / New Rattling Noise

I got a call this morning from yet another Geek Squad repair guy asking if I was available for an appointment today. I was completely unaware that an appointment had even been scheduled. The last I heard, the guys that were here on the 26th had left a ticket open and told me to just "see how it goes" with the parts they put in there.

It appears that they had gone ahead and ordered the replacement panel for my television and created an appointment for someone to come out and replace it. I made sure the latest repair guy was aware of the entire situation and told him that the new power board from last time seemed to be working OK so far.

The only issue I am having now is a brand new rattling noise. This one is clearly audio-based and sounds like a loose bolt or something in the speaker. It appears to only happen when certain frequencies come from the speakers. I had planned to call the last repair guy as soon as I could consistently recreate the noise to show him. I did tell the new repair guy that I would like someone to take a look at this new rattle, but was unable to leave work today on such short notice. He said he would email Brian (the last repair guy) and make sure he is aware of the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment