Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A New Television

Today I decided to get in contact with Samsung customer service via twitter. I asked them to look over my case and tell me what steps I should take next. Within an hour, a customer relations executive gave me a call and we began the process of replacing the television. I simply emailed her my original receipt for the television, as well as, the order notes from the Geek Squad. She said that I should be able to exchange the television for another one at Best Buy within 5-7 days. Samsung even has a handy feature that sends you SMS updates as your case progresses.

I was so impressed with the whole process that I nominated @Samsungservice for a Mashable Award in the Best Social Media Customer Service category. Thanks Jess.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure if you have investigated this yet, but I have the exact same tv you do. I had random buzzing noise coming from the back of it that intensified when the screen got brighter (not related to speakers at all), and came to find out that some of the lights in my house are improperly hooked up to a dimmer swtich, and those lights being turned on was causing the problem.

    Might want to try to verify this isn't happening in your case. If the tv itself keeps having issues, and working on the tv again and again doesn't fix it, maybe something in the environment is causing the tv to do this. Seems odd that you would have so many problems.

    ReplyDelete