Saturday, November 6, 2010

Still Seeing How It Goes

Yesterday morning I got another phone call for an appointment that I wasn’t aware I had. This time it was one of the repair guys that had visited on the 22nd. He was asking about the new rattling noise I had mentioned to the repair guy over the phone on the 3rd. I told him that the new power supply seemed to be have fixed the initial 2 issues I was having with the set. The buzz related to the power supply was gone and the picture stopped randomly turning bright orange. He said that there was an issue with the second power supply they tried and that was causing the orange screen malfunctions.

I did tell him that this new audio-related rattling noise had arose after the last repair. He said it could be due to how thin the televisions are made. He also said it could have something to do with how speakers are made these days and that these televisions are really made to have surround sound systems attached to them. I agreed to see how it goes a little longer and to call him if the rattling gets worse or if I am able to recreate the sound to show them exactly what is happening. I would like to have this new rattling noise fixed if possible.

After our conversation, he closed the ticket for now and sent me a receipt for the latest round of service. He also included a recap of my initial interaction with them a month ago, as well as, the very latest round or repairs.



No comments:

Post a Comment